Are you ready for a positive change in life?
I am Merel Purmer and I am a counsellor and art therapist. I work with children, adolescents and adults, helping them create their positive change in life! I have always had a passion for supporting people and creating opportunities to grow. In my role in a day option centre I liked to challenge clients to try new things and master new skills, or assist in developing independent living skills for young adults starting their journey into adulthood. Nothing is more fulfilling then seeing someone strive to reach their full potential! In my recent work with Autism SA in Adelaide I have been able to work with children to master social skills which enables them to navigate the complex social world, build friendships and even have their first sleep-overs.
My positive change in life started when I decided to start my diploma in Counselling through the Australian Insitute for Professional Counselling in Adelaide. I had been contemplating what my next step in life would be as I felt a lack of direction. I wanted to study and further develop my skills and the Counselling diploma was the right solution for me. With renewed energy and focus I have started my positive change in life!
The Art of Expression gives me the opportunity to support and guide others towards their positive change in life. Having both my counselling diploma and my art therapy qualification allows me to be flexible and adjust my approach for each client.
You can contact me to book an appointment.
- Counselling Diploma, Adelaide, South Australia
- Art Therapy degree, The Netherlands
- Member of the Australian Counselling Association
- I uphold their Code of Ethics. I am committed to continuous personal and professional growth through supervision sessions, training and continually accessing relevant development opportunities.
- Member of the South Australian Professional Counselling Association
- The Art of Expression is registered to provide supports for National Disability Insurance Scheme participants